At a minimum, a fully documented sales folder (in Oklahoma) will contain the following:
- Copy of government-issued photo ID, such as driver's license, passport, etc.
- Documentation of steps taken to confirm customer identity.
- Specially Designated Nationals (SDN) List Printout. [The Office of Foreign Assets Control maintains a list of persons, including terrorists and narcotics traffickers, whose assets are blocked. US persons are generally prohibited from transacting business with them. For each sale, a dealer should search the alphabetical list for the customer's name and print the appropriate page, thereby documenting the absence of the customer's name. The list is accessible through the Association website, e-oiada.com.]
- Buyers Order or Bill of Sale*
- Odometer Disclosure Statement*
- We Owe/Delivery Confirmation*
- Condition of Sale document, i.e. Warranty Disclaimer, Warranty, or Vehicle Service Contract*
- Notice of 30-Day Title-Transfer Requirement*
- Title Delivery Receipt
- FTC AS IS Buyer's Guide
- Record of Temporary Tag Issued
- Copy of the front and back of the completely assigned certificate of title with properly affixed tax stamp.
- Privacy Notice (if credit information taken)
- Retail Installment Sales Contract (if financed)
- Oklahoma Lien Entry Form (if financed)
- Spot Delivery Form (if applicable)
- Consignment Agreement (if applicable)
* OIADA Form F06.2 Retail Purchase Agreement/Multiform includes Buyer's Order, Dealer Warranty Statement, Trade-In Record, 30-Day Notice, Odometer Disclosure for purchase vehicle, Odometer Disclosure for trade-in vehicle, and We Owe.
Share this post
- Tags: Compliance